Jump to navigation Jump to search
- pa eh? (expressing astonishment); pa, sen čanïp kelgeniŋ ol be! eh, so you have returned already?
- paa wow! (expressing delight); paa, kattïŋ xöyün! wow! so many berries!
- paak ach! (expressing regret); paak, ulug xirezinde bičiizinge küš četpedi ach, although it is big, it did not overcome the small.
- paalïïr rag, piece of felt, potholder (for taking pots out of the oven or from the fire. [cf. LM bariγul]
- paalïŋ cf. baalïŋ enamel. [LM palang ←Ch]
- paaraŋ headquarters; barracks.
- pabrik factory. [←Rus fabrika]
- padakayïm eh? (expressing astonishment); padakayïm-xalakayïm ïnda čüü boor? eh, what happens here?
- padarčï wandering lama, mendicant monk. [LM badarči(n)]
- padarčïla- of a lama to beg for alms. [LM badarčila-]
- padarla- to beg for alms, to collect alms. [LM badarla-]
- padïla- to become worse, to deteriorate; to lose strength, to grow weak; aarïg kiži padïlap čïdïr the patient is getting worse; aht-daa padïladï the horse has grown weak.
- padïla- to fall with a plop.
- padïlat- to smack; to drag (one’s slippers).
- padïr [pahdïr] wooden cup, bowl. [LM badar bowl carried by mendicants to collect alms ←Skt pātra]
- padïra- to speak inceasingly, to chatter.
- padïrat- to let speak inceasingly; padïradïr čugaala- to speak incessantly.
- padïrtkayïn- to speak inceasingly, to chatter. padïrtkayndïr čugaala- to speak incessantly.
- paga frog; bözür paga toad; paga tölü tadpole. [<CT *ba:ka, cf. LM baqa]
- pak mouthful, gulp; oral cavity; cheek-pouches (of a rodent); bir pak sug a mouthful of water.
- paka diarrhoea of children. [cf. LM baγa-]
- pakala- to suffer from diarrhoea.
- pakta- to hold in one’s mouth; to swallow, to gulp down; to have a drink, to toss off.
- palïra- to chatter, to speak incomprehenisbly.
- palïraaš chatterbox, babbler, windbag; (of speech) incomprehensible, unintelligible; ooŋ čugaazï palïraaš his speech is incomprehensible.
- palïradïr (of speech) incomprehensible, unintelligible.
- palïrgay chatterbox, babbler, windbag; (of speech) incomprehensible, unintelligible.
- palïrtkayïn- to chatter, to jabber, to speak incomprehensibly.
- palït: čüreem palït deen my heart broke.
- pančïk a dice game.
- par tiger; kïs par tigress; par oglu tiger cub; par keži tiger skin. [<CT *bars, cf. LM bars]
- par strong, dense; par ïyaš tree with thick wood.
- par lead, turn (in a card game).
- par printing; par üžük block letter. [LM bar ←LT par]
- parïïl one sixteenth.
- parla- to print; to publish; to write in block letters. [LM barla- ←LT par]
- parla- to have a turn, the lead (in a card came).
- parla- to consider oneself more skilful, strong; meŋee čüge parlaar sen? why do you reckon yourself stronger than me?
- parlakčï printer.
- parlalga print, press; parlalga čeri publishing house; kürüneniŋ parlalga čeri state’s publishing house; parlalga konferenciyazï press-conference.
- parlamal printing, printed; parlamal üneleeškin printed review. [LM barlamal]
- parlaš- to print, publish together.
- parlat- to let print, publish, to have printed.
- parlattïn- to be printed, published.
- parustug sail-, sailing. [←Rus parusnyj]
- paš cast iron bowl, kettle; paš tik- to distil liquor. [Tofa paš]
- paš syphilis. [<CT *ba:š wound]
- paštan- to cook. [Tofa paštan-]
- paštančï cook. [Tofa paštanĵï]
- pat good-for-nothing, useless; poor, unimportant; very, badly, utterly; quite, rather; kadïï pat his health is poor; pat turupkan utterly tired; pat kayga- to be utterly amazed; pat čaŋčïgïp kag- to feel quite at ease; čaa čerge pat čaŋčïgïp kagdïm I felt quite at ease in the new place; pat boldum čettirdim, pat čettirdim iy! many thanks! (said when one does not intend to impose oneself any further); pat boorda hardly, barely; pat boorda ködür- to barely lift; šoodayda taraanï pat boorda ködürüp aldïm I could barely lift the grain in the sack; padïn baraar to be tired, exhausted.
- patpaadïr cf. matpaadïr thumb.
- patpadak quail.
- patpagar dense, full, packed, thick, fat.
- patpaŋayïn- to waddle (of a fat person).
- patpaŋna- to waddle (of a fat person).
- pay target, bull’s eye, flying target (for shooting); pay at- to hit the target. [LM bai]
- pedile- to fall with a plop.
- pedilet- to smack; to drag (one’s slippers).
- pedirt: pedirt de- to crash down, to rain down, to hammer down.
- pee wow (expressing astonishment); pee, bo čüveniŋ magalïïn! wow, what a splendid thing!
- pekar baker. [←Rus pekar’]
- pensiyala- to retire on a pension. [←Rus pensija pension]
- pet: pet de- to fall with a plop, smack.
- piš get lost! piš daldïrt! get lost!
- pïr soot, lamp-black.
- pïrlan- (of a lamp) to smoke, to produce soot.
- pïrlandïr- to blacken with soot.
- pïroontu front. [←Rus front]
- pïrzïg smelling of soot.
- pook ach (expressing regret); pook, kančap barganïm ol? ach, what am I going to do?
- por clay; por sava earthenware bowl. [Tofa bor]
- porlug containing clay.
- pödülee rubber.
- pök full, satiated, saturated.
- pök- (pöger) to eat one’s fill, to be satiated, saturated; pökken estiiškin saturated solution. [<CT *bök-]
- pöktür- to let eat one’s fill, to let become satiated, to saturate.
- pörük shy, timid, bashful, diffident; unsociable.
- pörükten- to be shy, timid, bashful, diffident; to shun.
- pös textile, material, fabric; torgu pös silken fabric; pös ületpürü textile industry. [<CT *böz, cf. LM bös ←Gr byssos]
- pös-taavï (~ pös-daavï) textile goods, fabrics.
- pössüg smelling of burnt textile, fabric; like textile, resembling fabric.
- pöš cedar; pöš tooruu cedar nut. [cf. Tofa, Altay]
- pudta- to weigh. [←Rus pud pood]
- pupaayka kind of jacket. [←Rus fufajka]
- püree a wind instrument. [LM büriye]
- püree-büšküür Buddhist orchestra of wind instruments.
- püü ts! (expressing scorn); püü-xayt, melegeyin ale! ts, how stupid!